Re: [squid-users] Allways get "Server Not Found" in 1st access.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:12:51 +0100

Jon Ottar Runde wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 18:19, Hélio Dubeux wrote:
> > Hi everyone, o use squid-2.4.STABLE7 with authentication as a Proxy of my
> > network some machines allways get "Server Not Found" when they authenticate
> > for the first time, then it´s just refresh the brownser and the page
> > appears. Does anyone know what is this???
> >
> > Thanx...
>
> Let me guess, -MS Iexplorer 6.0?
>
> I have seen it too, -and only on XP with IE6.
>
> My money is on a Microsoft-bug :-)

It is. Ande they are working on a patch they claim.

There is supposed to be a preleminary patch available at no charge from
your Microsoft Support contact, but this patch apparently has other
issues..

There is a MS KB entry for this issue. I do not remember the number but
it can be found in the Squid-users archives some month or so ago.