Re: [squid-users] acl problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:35:18 +0100

Your porn words seems a bit careless for beeing url_regex, and is very
likely to block a whole lot more than you indent.

Notes on regex:

. is ANY CHARACTER, not a literal . For a literal . you need to use \.

url_regex is a substring match ANYWHERE in the full URL including query
parameters. If you only intend to match within the host/domain component
of the URL use dstdomain_regex not url_regex.

As it is a substring match be careful about what constitues a "word".
The regex ab matches all of "ab aaabbb dadabc". If you indend to match a
"word" then enclose the regex in suitable "word boundary characters"
such as [.,-/_]ab[.,-/_]. Note: some regex implementations such as GNU
regex have shortcuts for "word boundary".