Re: [squid-users] Squid Redirector and HTTP Accelerator

From: Snowy <xuefeng_dongmei@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:20:44 +0800

The hostname I am testing is www.somehost.com, so in the access.log file, it
will show a lot of request to: http://www.somehost.com when I just type
www.somehost.com in my browser.

My understanding is that: when request http://www.somehost.com reaches my
Squid, it is processed by the accelerator first. My Squid accelerator is
configured as:
    httpd_accel_host virtual
    httpd_accel_port 80
    httpd_accel_single_host off
    httpd_accel_with_proxy on
    httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
so the URL remains the same http://www.somehost.com and is passed to the
redirector for processing. My redirector will then rewrite it to
"302:https://www.somehost.com" so the client will reconnect using HTTPS.
When the HTTPS request reaches my Squid, the SSL is decrypted and the
request is processed by the accelerator and becomes http://www.somehost.com
again! So my redirector will try to rewrite the HTTP to HTTPS again..... and
the same story repeats.....

If the sequence of accelerator and redirector can be inversed, then there
should be no problem. Is there any particular reason that accelerator must
come before redirector in Squid?

Thanks!

Snowy