[squid-users] Async I/O with Linux

From: Brian E. Seppanen <seppy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 08:51:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi Folks:

In the documentation the --enable-async-io for linux is not recommended
for use, but references problems with much older versions of glibc. I
was curious if anyone is running a linux squid cache with
--enable-async-io with a later version of glibc, such as 2.2.5 that comes
with redhat 7.3.

I'm doing some testing and I've run squid for about two weeks under load
with diskd and I can not get much better than a 35% hit rate, while I have
several Sun E250's that are routinely doing 50-45% using ufs.

Thanks,

Brian Seppanen
seppy@chartermi.net
906-228-4226 ext 23