Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5 & group Ldap Auth.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 20:09:17 +0100

"atwoved1@libero.it" wrote:

> 1-)
> After authenticating, I can browse freely. If I open e new windows via ctrrl+n
> I keep on browsing without any further authentication request.
> If I open a new browser via start->program->Internet Explorer I'm asked to
> re-authenticate. Is there any way to avoid this ?I did not customize any option
> regarding auth.

This is outside of Squid. To change this you need to change your
browser.

> 2-)
> Another strange behavior:
> Sometime (too often) I have to restart squid since the group LDAP
> authenticator starts to get strange input from the popup login windows. I mean if I input
> PIPPO as a username i can see in cache.log Squid has denied the access to
> user pippoxx where it seems to me that xx are characters belonging to
> the username of a users who tryed to access immidiatly before PIPPO.
> Any Idea ?
> Thanks & Bye

Exacly which of the LDAP helpers are you using?

The ones shipped with Squid, or some others downloaded from the net?

Have you applied any patches to Squid, or are you using the Squid
sources as distributed from squid-cache.org?