RE: [squid-users] anyone compared comparison of reiserfs vs ext3 on linux recently ?

From: <sean.upton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 12:05:26 -0800

I will say that I have noticed substantial performance drag on a ext3
filesystem with millions of files in a database application that stores
persistent objects in a manner similar to Squid. I think any filesystem
that stores metadata as B*Trees of B+Trees is likely to perform better than
ext3 for an especially big, full cache.

Sean