Re: [squid-users] continued log rotation problems ...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:23:21 +0100

logrotate has the beauty that it can do a lot more than just rotate the
logs.

 * compress the logs
 * run other programs on the logs
 * mail the logs

It also can be a bit smarter about when to rotate the logs as it can be
configured to not rotate the log unless it is above a certain size etc.

BUt ofcourse, if you just want plain rotation of the logs then the
builtin log rotation works just fine.