Re: [squid-users] Something i found hard.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 01:02:39 +0100

You need to find a way to block the broker service they use to connect
the client and server, ie. the login function where the user logs in to
the service to gain access to "his" computer.

The service consists of three components

a) remote computer with a small "server" component

b) client computer with a client

c) A broker service on the Internet, to which the client connects in
order to gain access to the remote computers.

This kind of "hosted" commercial firewall-busting services is usually
quite easily to block as they tend to rely on central broker components
keeping track of everything, and if you block the broker they are out of
business (for your users).

The non-commercial tools is a fair bit harder as there is no central
broker component which can easily be identified, but is also for the
same reason a bit harder for users to use..