[squid-users] caching IP address of peer

From: Alexey Promokhov <ayp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:57:57 +0300

Hello!

I have a dialup connection. According to rates, I connecting to several
ISPs. I'm using Squid as local proxy, and Squid is using proxy of current
ISP as parent.

I have the following line in squid.conf:

cache_peer proxy.localhost parent 3128 7 no-query no-digest

My nameserver is BIND on localhost. When connecting to ISP, localhost
zone is modified, so proxy.localhost set to address of ISP proxy.

alexpro@thunder:~$ host -t cname proxy.localhost
proxy.localhost is an alias for proxy.mtu.ru.

Problem: Squid does not track change of proxy address. When I connect to
other ISP, and cname for proxy.localhost settings to (for example)
proxy.ipbr.ru, Squid tries to use proxy.mtu.ru, which is not
allowed.

In squid.conf:
positive_dns_ttl 1 minutes

and ttl for cname record is 0.

I know a workaround. Either restart Squid after connection to ISP (from
/etc/ppp/ip-up), or replace parent proxy address in cache_peer line
instead of DNS zone.

But probably it's a bug. Or I have missed something?
Currently using Squid-2.4.STABLE7.

--
Alexey Promokhov <ayp#ayp.msk.ru>