Re: [squid-users] understanding 'no_cache'

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 05:41:26 +0100

Sam Carleton wrote:

> Henrik,
>
> I am trying to exluce my servers from being cached when
> accessed by my clients.
>
> I would LOVE to know how to exclude the server network from the
> redirection, but don't have a clue as to how to do that If my
> understanding if the ipnat rule is correct, it is redirecting
> anything neading for the gateway on the 192.168.0.0/24 (ex0)
> network. The servers are only accessable through that gateway.
>
> How do I write a ipnat rule that excludes traffic heading to the
> 172.16.0.0/24 (ex1) network?

I am not a IP Filter user and don't know the details of ipnat syntax,
but generally yes. Generally to exclude things from redirection one
inserts a rule prior to the redirection rule accepting the traffic
without redirection.

You might also be able to refine the redirection rule to say "redirect
anything but my servers".

See the ipnat documentation for your system.

At a quick glance at the ipnat documentation the following might work

  map ex0 from any to your.server.network/mask ->
your.server.network/mask
  rdr ex0 0/0 port 80 -> 192.168.0.1 port 3128 tcp