Re: [squid-users] IIS Authentication doesn't work if using Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 05:50:04 +0100

Schelstraete Bart wrote:

> > >So it seems that Squid is 'blocking' that authentication....
> > >Does somewhone knows what can cause that problem?
> >
> > May be that Your IIS server is configured for "Windows Integrated
> > authentication", aka "NTLM". It cannot be used with any proxy, even with
> > Microsoft Proxy.
> >

> Thre strange thing is that it's working with the Netscape proxy server (which
> isn't using 'NTLM'), but not with Squid.
> Somebody also told me that it works with Microsoft proxy, but I can't confirm that.

Are you using transparent interception proxying with Squid, or normal
proxying where the browser is configured to use a proxy. There is BIG
differences when it comes to how browsers deal with NTLM authentication
and its by design incompability with HTTP proxies.. (if browser is
configured to use a proxy it won't use NTLM, as it knows it won't work).