Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy problem using debian

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:02:51 +0100

Wei Keong wrote:

> I think my implementation is slightly different. Instead of just
> hijacking and redirection from router to squid boxes, we have a load
> balancer in front of the squid boxes.
>
> Does anyone has this kind of implementation? does it work with request
> without Host header?

Depends on how your load balancer operates.

If your load balancer operates by rewriting the destination IP address
of the requests, without ensuring there is a Host header in the request,
then this load balancer breaks HTTP requests without a Host header.

If your load balancer operates by routing the requests to the proxy
server which then intercepts the request then it can be made to work.