[squid-users] NewB Squid user needs info

From: Jeff Donovan <jdonovan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:47:48 -0500

greetings

I have spent the last week reading through the docs on how to install
and configure squid.
I was wondering if someone could give me some guidance.

I want to run squid & squid guard on an OSX Server.
many of the tutorials and setup docs are for Linux and using IPchains
to help re-direct the traffic from port 1 to port 2.

what i want is to use squids re-direct capabilities with squid guard to
be used as a small content filter.
I'm not sure if I need to cache or not. unless it is a performance
issue or a necessity for squid gurad to function properly.

my problem is,...I'm not sure where to start.

the BSD systems I have use IPFW, and Im not sure how to configure squid
to use this.
Any insight , configuration tips, page references, flames, and RTFM's
are welcome :)

Thanks

--jeff