[squid-users] ldap auth module and different system kernel

From: Pat Lendon <plendon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:17:05 -0500

Hello All,

squid-2.5.STABLE1 was compiled with ldap on a redhat linux system.
I tar'd squid and copied to another linux system, but the second linux
system had a different kernel.
Squid would not run on second linux system. So, I recompiled squid.

Here's my question:

I tried to make ldap on second system, but there were errors with two
missing library files. I took squid_ldap_auth that was successfully
created from first system. Is this ok? Will there be problems?
I'm going to go to ldap site and get libraries and try to make
squid_ldap_auth again.
Just wanted to know if there would be issues if I use squid_ldap_auth
that was made on system with different kernel???

Thank you,

Pat Lendon