Re: [squid-users] Re: pop3 servers

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:29:48 -0600

The problem is just what Henrik stated: Squid is an HTTP proxy. POP3
is a wholly different protocol. POP3 is normally not proxied, though it
can be--but not with Squid (because Squid is an HTTP proxy).

NAT or IP Masquerading is probably what you want to be asking about (but
not here--this is not a general Linux list or a Linux networking list).
  The 'newbies' list for your distribution is probably the best place
for this kind of discussion. Red Hat has several very good, very high
traffic lists devoted to such discussions.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.