Re: [squid-users] Urgent: Read Error Plz Help

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:07:22 +0100

Vishal For You wrote:

> Hi
> While browsing some links in my organization i am getting the following
> error.
>
> Read Error.
> Connection reset by peer.
>
> What this error means?

  This is related to networking problems at the ip level.

> If i try to browse the same link with Dial Up connection i dont get this
> error.
>
> What could b the problem?
> Is this Related with Squid? I am using Squid 2.4 Stable
> Can somebody help me sort out this problem on urgent basis as more no. of
> users are complaining about this.

  Check networking stats on your SQUID box. (netstat with various
options).

  Check your system logs , watch for errors related to networking
  and/or other strange system related errors.

  M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM