Re: [squid-users] compiling squid on dev machine, then moving toproductionmachine

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 09 Jan 2003 15:24:40 +0100

I would recommend using a packaging system of some kind to keep control
of which software versions you have installed.

Note: For easier packaging Squid-2.5 supports the DESTDIR variable when
running install.

make DESTDIR=/packages/squid-2.5.STABLE1 install

will install Squid-2.5 using "/packages/squid-2.5.STABLE1" as "root"
path, giving you a tree with only Squid files at their correct
locations.