Re: [squid-users] netbios error?

From: <burak.demircan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:10:15 +0100

ie 6 hot fix number is q331906.exe
regards,

by the way: can anybody explain the logic behind ssl -enabled active directory
and group_ldap_auth??? is there a point where passwords go unencrypted

Burak Demircan
CEO / ITT
MERCEDES-BENZ TURK A.S.

burak.demircan@daimlerchrysler.com
tel:+90 212 482 35 00 (4676)
fax :+90 212 481 11 54

        geviston@bigpond.net.au

        09.01.2003 16:10
        Please respond to geviston

                        To:        squid-users@squid-cache.org, mrv@tuev-a.at
                        cc:
                        Subject:        Re: [squid-users] netbios error?

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:33, Mrvka Andreas wrote:
> hi!
>
> please can anybode explain me, what these error messages stored in
> cache.log should tell me?

> >NetBios error code 3 (RFCNBE_BadRead: Read system call returned an error.
> > Check errno.)
NetBios error code 4 (RFCNBE_BadWrite: Write system call
> > returned an error. Check errno.)

This is probably due to squid losing the network connection to the server you
use for NTLM authentication. If it happens often then consider specifying
more than one server (PDC, BDC etc) using the -b flag if you're using
ntlm_auth. I'm not sure how to do this with winbind, but I'm sure there's a
way.

Regards
Gerard