Re: [squid-users] Will squid 'record a users web session'?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:21:49 +0100

No Free Lunch wrote:

> Basically, what I need is the ability to actually record a users
> web session through a proxy server or something like it. Will
> squid do this? Are there any add-ons that will allow squid to do
> this?

Squid will log each and every action taken by the user, including
when, where, how long it took, how much data that was transferred, what
type of data was received, URL visited, and more.

However, HTTP is stateless and does not have a concept of "session",
only requests and responses.. If you want to collect information based
on "sessions" you first need to define what a "session" is.