[squid-users] How to choose cache dir type/params?

From: Denis Vlasenko <vda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:51:20 +0200

# "ufs" is the old well-known Squid storage format that has always
# been there.
# cache_dir ufs Directory-Name Mbytes L1 L2 [options]
#
# "aufs" uses the same storage format as "ufs", utilizing
# POSIX-threads to avoid blocking the main Squid process on
# disk-I/O. This was formerly known in Squid as async-io.
# cache_dir aufs Directory-Name Mbytes L1 L2 [options]
#
# The diskd store type:
# "diskd" uses the same storage format as "ufs", utilizing a
# separate process to avoid blocking the main Squid process on
# disk-I/O.
# cache_dir diskd Directory-Name Mbytes L1 L2 [options] [Q1=n] [Q2=n]

Above is from squid.conf.default (obviously).

I understand the difference, but what should I actually use?
(now I remain with ufs).

Which Linux filesystems are better for storage
(I suspect Reiserfs is good for size reasons)?

What are rules of thumb for L1 L2 parameters?

Maybe I just need to be pointed to an URL? ;)

--
vda