Re: [squid-users] Réf. : Re: [squid-users] Radius and websensproblem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:18:37 +0100

d.sergent@dcs.fr wrote:

> I find this solution also, but the customer tell me that he doesn't want me
> to change the configuration of the firewall and the proxy ...
> That's why I try to find another solution.
>
> Thanks for your answer, if you have any other idea ...

Then you need to move the proxy outside the firewall or into a DMZ which
I hope you are allowed to configure the needed firewall rules for...

The firewall apparently uses IP based authentication, meaning that the
clients must talk directly to the firewall with no proxy inbetween, so
without reconfiguring how users authenticate you cannot have the proxy
inside the firewall.