[squid-users] connection reset by peer. Read error 104

From: R Pradeepa <pradeepa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:09:37 +0530

We are using squid proxy on a Redhat 7.2 . We are connected to the
internet thro cisco router. Policy based routing has been recently
implemented for VPN.

Our clients receive the error "Read Error (104) Connection reset by
peer" often when accessing most common sites through the squid proxy.
During this time, however, a few sites are accessible by the same
client.

We have also observed that during such times, we are not able to access
some sites from the machines directly connected to the internet (ie,
without using proxy). But we are still able to ping those sites.
This problem occurs especially during heavy traffic and gets solved by
itself after a few minutes.

Can anyone please help us sort this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Pradeepa