RE: [squid-users] Restricting Porn sites

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:51:27 -0500

I just used a regular expression parameter on an acl. Then created a
banned.list that stored url's.
Here's the acl:

acl banned_list url_regex -i "/etc/squid/banned.list"
http_access deny banned_list

Then, of course, /etc/squid/banned.list is the file that has all the urls
in it.
Note, I'm not using subdomains in the banned.list file. ie:
http://www.google.com
would be entered as google.com in the banned.list file. Just good
practice.

Tim Rainier
UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator, Kalsec INC.
Web: http://www.kalsec.com
Email: trainier@kalsec.com

Brett Roberts <brett@centralmanclc.com>
01/13/2003 09:28 AM