RE: [squid-users] Squid trying to connect to smtp

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 13 Jan 2003 18:21:13 +0100

mån 2003-01-13 klockan 13.07 skrev Intruder:

> One more thing... Can I setup squid to accept smtp and
> pop of my internal network ?? How ? Because It's
> blocking my network to access external SMTP and POP.

For this you need other proxies or NAT. It is not the job of Squid as
Squid is a HTTP proxy.

The fact that Squid can be abused for SMTP spamming does not mean that
it is a SMTP proxy, at least not more than a crowbar is suitable to use
as a dorkey.. (can get the job done, but does not leave a very nice
result..)