Re: [squid-users] smb_auth bypassing defined acl rules?

From: Bob Avery-Babel <Bob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:06:20 -0600

Thanks for the tips all,

I can access the proxy authentication prompt from _any_ external machine,
not just my work machine. I shut off outside access at the firewall right
now, but I still need to figure it out. I think Henrik is on the right track
when he talks about getting my http_access lists in the right order. Let me
see if this sounds right:

The acls define the parameters,

and the http_access tags tell how to use the parameters, is that correct?

Henrik, I'm not sure what you mean by "To make complex rules you list more
than one acl on each line."

Can you give me an example of that, All of the acls I listed where
one-liners... also, I'm not sure how to order these lists for proper
operation. Here is how mine are ordered now. Are you saying the acls get
read and applied first, so I need to move my acl domainusers to the bottom
of the list instead so all of the other acls are applied first? or is it the
http_access lists that are applied in order? Do I need to create another (or
add on to the existing acl) acl that restricts domain users to my internal
network so it won't give the prompt out to the wide open internet?

acl domainusers proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl mynetwork src 192.168.0.0/24
acl workmachine src 207.160.138.143
acl SSL_ports port 443 563
acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443 563 # https, snews
acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

http_access allow localhost
http_access allow mynetwork
http_access allow workmachine