Re: [squid-users] squid_dap_group

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 15 Jan 2003 17:31:26 +0100

ons 2003-01-15 klockan 16.31 skrev Dieter Kluenter:
> Hi,
> I just compiled and installed squid-2.5STABLE1 with module
> squid_ldap_group and I'm a bit confused on how to configure this
> module. In privious versions there have been the flags -m and -o in
> order to define an attribute and an objectclass. How can i now define
> these? I have the following ldif

Previous versions of what? You must be confusing squid_ldap_group with
some other Squid related LDAP tool..

The squid_ldap_group helper did not exists prior to Squid-2.5.STABLE1 as
the interface it uses to Squid is completely new for 2.5.STABLE1.

squid_ldap_group is based on an LDAP search filter to match if the user
is member of the group or not, such as
  -f "(&(member=uid=%s,*)(objectClass=groupOfNames))"

If using the updated helper (available as a patch from the "known bugs"
page) then you can also base the query on DN lookups of the user using
simlar arguments as you use for squid_ldap_auth to locate the user DN
and this is then available as %s in the group filter.

Most/all of this is explained in the man page, with some additional
examples in the updated version.