Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_group + TLS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:33:23 +0100

Dieter Kluenter wrote:

> while reading the source code of squid_ldap_group I found hints for an
> option -Z start_tls, is that an undocumented feature or is TLS not
> working yet?

If is just that I forgot to update the manpage when merging the TLS
support from squid_ldap_auth. It should work if your binary accepts the
option.

> I would prefer TLS based connections to my directory server, as I
> allready realise with Samba and Sendmail.

Try it, and then report back here if it works or not.

In the pipeline there is also a patch waiting to get processed which
adds support for ldaps:// connections using some OpenLDAP specific LDAP
API extensions..