[squid-users] acl with dstdomain problem - squid 2.5stable1

From: Ivan Auger <ivan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:44:51 -0500 (EST)

I do not require authentication for some sites in order to allow
norton av liveupdates and microsoft's windows update agent to access
the web.

Problem is that this was working fine until microsoft upgraded their
windows update agent.

On my proxy logs I have access to v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
being denied, where as access to windowsupdate.microsoft.com is not.

This is what I have in my configuration:

acl microsoft dstdomain v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http_access allow microsoft
http_access allow all password

I have tried also the following acl's with no success (as well as other combinations)
acl microsoft dstdomain .microsoft.com
acl microsoft dstdomain .windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Could the problem be that for some reason dstdomain does not parse the domain
part correctly for v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com ?

Ivan E. Auger