[squid-users] Issue with initial page timeouts

From: Nicholas Ritter <ritter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:04:16 -0600

Greetings,

I am new to the list, so I apologize if this a is frequently asked
question.

THE CONFIG

I am running RedHat 7.3, with the version of squid that comes with it.
The current the errata release of squid on RH 7.3 is
squid-2.4.STABLE-6.7.3.

The machine is a dual PIII 1.2 GHz machine with 2GB RAM, and a 100Base-T
full-duplex ethernet connection.

The proxy server is intended to be used for caching web content to help
us save bandwidth.

THE PROBLEM

Some users report that when they visit a web site for the first time,
the browser errors. But if they hit reload, the page loads without a
problem.

Because I am in a crunch, and still new to Squid, can someone lend me
some insight into what could be the cause of this problem?

Any help is a appreciated.

--
Nicholas Ritter <ritter@lfc.edu>
Network Administrator, Lake Forest College