Re: [squid-users] udp_incoming_address restriction problem

From: Oliver Zimmermann <oz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:19:25 +0100

The problem is, DNS cannot be found. Setting the udp_addresses in squid influences not only ICP but also the DNS UDP packets (?). Taking private addresses like 192.168.0.1 for ICP results in the server can't reach my DNS-Server over the second, external interface. A workaround could be to set the udp_outgoing_address to the external IP. By this the DNS can be requested again, but then the ICP between the two proxies does not work anymore. I see no other solution than to listen for udp on all addresses (the default) and firewall the system externally.

- Oliver