Re: [squid-users] Need help!

From: Schelstraete Bart <bart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:40:13 -0800

Quoting Dmitry Suzdalev <dimsuz@mail.ru>:

> Please anyone point me in the right direction :).
> What are ways to increase procent of objects being cached?
> Will it help if I increase size of cache_dir? Are there another ways to
> improve caching perfomance?
> For now Squid caches about 18-20% of trafic. Want more :).
>
> Just started using Squid, so may be it's a stupid question or kind of
> it :). Sorry if so.

I'm currently Caching about 50%, and I'm happy with that because most of those
other 50% are dynamic pages. (asp, searches,...)
- First of all: Where do you get those figures (18-20%)

Check this in your squid.conf file:

- How much diskspace are you using for diskcaching?
- Check the maximimum object size parameter.
  ( maximum_object_size ). If your clients are downloading bigger files (use
  squidmgr to check this), you can try to increase this parameter.

rgrds,
     Bart