Re: [squid-users] ftp "put" and Netscape 4.8

From: Brendan Macmillan <bren@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:17:58 +1100

[...Trying to figure out how to make ftp "put" work with a web browser
(like Netscape 4.8) via a squid proxy, for multiple files and folders...]

> > I think that this problem is only affecting me, and my benefit from it
> > alone is probably not worth the effort. But I can bear this in mind,
> > in case my need does become more serious, and worth doing this.
>
> Bot yes and no. If it can be shown that uploading FTP via a HTTP proxy
> works well then maybe browser vendors can be convinced having the needed
> support in their browsers is a good thing for functionality.

Could be true!
However, one deep problem is you can't delete files on the ftp server...
so you can end up with a lot of old files sitting around. It does seem that
it is flat out impossible to delete files with ftp running via a Squid proxy.

Cheers,
Brendan