Re: [squid-users] Squid, and 1500 users.

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:02:57 +0100

Federico Lombardo wrote:

> Sometimes I'm wonnder which is the best configuration HW to make squid work
> with 1500 users.
>
> Someone can help me sending link and experiences ?

 I have about 1500 users, serverd by SQUID on an ex-compaq
 ML370 with 1Gb memory and 40Gb cache (OS=Redhat Linux 6.2)
 I have 50% hit rate(s).
 And the box has more potential, as in the case my
 company would expand :-)

> I think that load balancing with multiple Squids is the best solution, isn't
> it ?

 Hm, not needed in my case, the particular box can still handle
 a higher load quite easily.

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM