Re: Re: [squid-users] My squid is becoming tooo slow

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:13:09 +0100

How much bandwidth do you have? (not much I suppose, as you say you
are using dial-up).

How have you configured squid.conf?

What do you get in Squid's access.log?

As you are using Dial-up my first guess would be that one of your
clients is hogging all the available bandwidth. Maybe due to a virus
or similar. If this is the case then there should be traces of this
in access.log. You can also use "client mgr:fd" (or Active
Filedescriptors in cachemgr) to get a view of which requests are
currently being processed.

You might also try the following changes in squid.conf:

quick_abort_min 0 KB
quick_abort_max 0 KB
half_closed_clients off