Re: [squid-users] Acceleration and SSL

From: PeterKorman <calvin-squid-ml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:25:29 -0500

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 09:30:22AM +0100, Raphaël Bordet wrote:
> Rob van Oostveen a écrit:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is there a howto on setting up an acceleration
> >config with the use of SSL. With the following
> >situation ;
> >
> >[CLIENT] -- ssl -- [SQUID] -- http -- [WEBSERVER]
>
> Hi,
>
> You must use squid version 2.5 or later to do this.
> I've already setup an accelerator proxy than support https like this scheme
> and described at: http://squid.visolve.com/faq.htm, question 9.
> Be advice your web application must have to generate relatives links.
> Just create a SSL certificate like http://www.apache-ssl.org/'s FAQ and set
> squid.conf to use this certificate and his key and https directive.
> Squid must be work.

My apologies for late arrival on this thread.
suppose the SQUID server has a public IP
address that is running NAT to pipe traffic
on and off of the internet transparently for
the web server but the webserver has
192.168.x.y. a private ip address.
Such are the tangled gossamer threads we
weave. Is there still a way to make it work?

JPK