Re: [squid-users] Squid clients source IP address !?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 01:33:46 +0100

On Sunday 26 January 2003 13.46, Kambiz Nasehi wrote:
> Dear users
>
> I want to know if there is a way that the squid don't change
> clients IP when pass the requests to the Internet?

Not really.

The only network layout where this ever would be possible in a sane
manner is when the clients are not routed to the Internet and all
their traffic (and I mean all) is proxied by Squid. This becasue for
this to work the Squid server would have to spoof himself as the
client IP address when making connections to servers on the internet,
and if the same client IP is also used in other types of traffic not
via the Squid server then you quickly get a big mess in both routing
and TCP/IP..