[squid-users] msie ntlm auth -- client not in same domain

From: Geoff Nordli <geoff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:29:00 -0800

I have the NTLM auth setup and working for clients that are located in
the same domain.

I am using domain authentication, samba 2.2.7, and squid 2.5.STABLE1.

The problem that I have is a client will fail to authenticate if it
isn't in the same domain.

I took some network sniffs, and it is offering the NTLM hash to the
proxy, but I guess because the domain name isn't the same it fails.

It is also my understanding that IE will not drop back to basic.

Does anyone know if I can authenticate MSIE clients that are not in the
same domain?

Thanks,

Geoff