Re: [squid-users] Newbie to Squid

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:43:48 +0100

Simon Magee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to using squid. I am only using it as a proxy only not
> cache. I have a Websweeper server doing all the caching and content
> checking. The issue I have is that when you are downloading files
> which are larger than 1mb, Websweeper will download the file to i's hard
> drive and will 'push' a progress message to your IE so it will not time
> out.
>
> Unfortunatly, squid is not passing this progress message back to the
> user who is downloading the file and it fails.
>
> If anyone has any ideas.....?
>
> Thanks

 Which squid version are you using ?
 On which os/platform/version ?

 How is the websweeper 'addressed' in squid.conf ?
 Are any other setups being used ?

 What's in squid access.log when websweeper decides
 to push this progress message ?

 Any additional info in squid's cache.log for this
 request ?

 ps : newbie is ok. Post relevant subject lines however.
 Benefitial for the archives, and for squid users, who
 may be knowledgable in your problem area.

 M.