Re: [squid-users] Include tag

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 Jan 2003 17:22:03 +0100

Squid does not have an include feature which allows you to include
squid.conf directives.

However, you could very easily make a include frontend to Squid if you
like, dynamically generate squid.conf from a template when you start
Squid.

Another option is to use an external acl instead of the builtin squid
acls for per user access, but this is probably a bit more work. See
user_ip for a silly example of such external acl (binds each user to his
ip address only)

Related note: Squid 3 will have builtin support for squid.conf
preprocessing via the -f option.