Re: [squid-users] Problems using proxy_auth and url_regex

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 29 Jan 2003 18:41:36 +0100

ons 2003-01-29 klockan 12.37 skrev Olivier JAVAUX:
> Hello,
>
> I want to limit the sites for some users.
>
> So, I have rules like :
>
> acl test11 url_regex -i ^http://[^/]*hp\.

what is wrong with using a dstdomain_regex here?

acl test11 dstdomain_regex hp\.

Hmm.. are you sure this is what you want to match?

> acl test12 proxy_auth foo
>
> http_access allow test11 test12
> http_access deny test12
>

> The problem is that, when you go to hp.com (for instance),
> you get banners from other sites (akamai for instance).
> Then, the browser complains about authorization failure and
> asks for username/password again, and again...
>
> Is there a way to deny the access for the sites without complains
> from the browser with authentication popup ??????

You might be able to set up some ugly rules via referer_regex to allow
linked content from allowed sites..

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden