[squid-users] AD auth with squid 2.5

From: Daniel Barron <nettle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:46:38 GMT

I have compiled squid 2.5 with the external acl group ldap support and
installed it on a clean redhat 8 with no previous squid. By default the
openldap libraries were installed.

What happens is I just get cache access denied must authorise without asking
for a user/pass.

I get no errors in syslog.

squid access.log:

1043860359.309 55 192.168.254.2 TCP_DENIED/407 1679 GET http://acorn.cybervillage.co.uk/ - NONE/- text/html

squid.conf:

external_acl_type ldap_auth %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/group_ldap_auth -b "dc=jadeb,dc=com" -h 192.168.254.23 -g distinguishedName -u cn -S

acl ldap_webaccess external ldap_auth CN=WebAccess,OU=Groups,dc=jadeb,dc=com

http_access allow ldap_webaccess

There is surely something obvious wrong here. I have followed the info in
the man page for the group_ldap_auth and tied it with info on this page:

http://group-ldap-auth.sourceforge.net/

So its a bit of a guess.

Whats wrong? Do I need the other basic_auth LDAP helper as well?

--
Daniel Barron
(Visit http://dansguardian.org/ - True web content filtering for all)