Re: [squid-users] Performance question.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:23:40 +0100

Your first step for improving performance would be to add some more ram
to bte box.. A PIII with only 128MB of ram is seriously underdimensioned
in RAM.. You should have no less than 256 MB with such CPU.

See also the Squid FAQ on memory usage. Gives you a good guide on how
much cache you can configure based on your available ram.

As for cache_dir size. For good hit ratio you should have 4-7 days worth
of traffic in the cache.