[squid-users] Redirecting Squid traffic to another Proxy. How ?

From: Chris & Val Bamber <dasher@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:55:38 -0000

Hi,

We presently have a Squid 2.5 server and are happy with it. We are now
needing
To make our company intranet (based in Japan) available on the network.
This is
Not available through the normal T1 line, but a frame relay link.

What I would like to do is to have Squid automatically forward requests
specific for
Our intranet site to the Proxy box based in Japan rather than going
through the T1.

We did it in a test environment using a ISA server and Squid Proxy
together. Everyone
Pointed to the ISA, and a set of rules were configured on the ISA to
direct the traffic,
Up streaming server I believe ISA called them.

I am hoping I can do this with two Squid boxes instead, rather than
using the ISA.
Buying hardware and software for the ISA is very expensive, so I want to
avoid it if I can.

I have looked through the squid.conf, but not really sure what I need to
be reading up
On. Is it Cache_peer sections, or perhaps redirectors. If I can merely
direct all requests
that match a certain IP range or domain name then I think I will be onto
a winner.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

PS After lots of reading on the FAQs I managed to get NTLM
authentication working,
 a nice feature to have!