[squid-users] Splitting traffic based on file patterns

From: Florin Ratiu <florinratiu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:30:50 +0000

Hi,

I'm currently running Squid 2.5. The server has 2 NICs and it's also an internal firewall (though it's not part of a DMZ).

I will add a third NIC to this server and connect it to Internet.

Now I want to "redirect" only some downloads (i.e. *.exe, *.zip, etc) only from some specified sites through this new Internet link while the regular/casual browsing should follow the old route. In other words I want to **split** the outgoing traffic from squid over two separate Internet connections based on file patterns and URLs.

How can it be done ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Florin