[squid-users] delay pools questions

From: Yogesh Hasabnis <yhmail29@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:43:46 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
I am not quite comfortable yet with using the delay
pools feature of SQUID. So a few basic questions.
I have created acls for specific ip address ranges for
which I need to limit the bandwidth usage. Now do I
need to enter the " http_access allow aclname " for
the every new acl created for using delay pools ? Do I
need to comment out the "http_access deny all " while
using this feature ? I am using a 56kbps modem network
to connect my LAN to the internet. If I want to limit
bandwidth usage of 3 ip address ranges to say 18kbps
each, then what should my example " delay_parameters
..." line look like ? Finally, how should I confirm
whether the delay pools feature is actually getting
implemented ?
Sorry if such basic questions are not entertained on
this list.

Thanks
Yogesh

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com