[squid-users] NTLM/Basic Authentication problem with blocked user

From: Chris & Val Bamber <dasher@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:15:17 -0000

Hi,

I have implemented NTLM and it works very nice. We have a well Know
public user on our network which I want to block completely from
anything.

If the user logs on and launches Internet Explorer then all that is
presented the Username/logon banner and despite entering the correct
password the user never gets access.

If I launch Netscape from a UNIX box then basic authentication takes
over (I am assuming this!) and not NTLM. If I enter the Same
username/password which is blocked then the user is allowed access!!

My squid.conf file

Acl UnauthorisedUser proxy_auth MyDomain\BlockedUser
Acl AuthorisedUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED

Http_access deny unauthorisedUser
Http_access allow AuthorisedUsers

I looked at the FAQ and noticed the following example.

acl USER1 proxy_auth Dick
acl USER2 proxy_auth Jane
acl DAY time 06:00-18:00
http_access allow USER1 DAY
http_access deny USER1
http_access allow USER2 !DAY
http_access deny USER2

Does this mean I should switch allow and deny rules around.

Thanks
Chris