RE: [squid-users] Squid2.4 & /etc/hosts

From: Jay Turner <jturner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:36:55 +0800

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. Checking the log file the CONNECT method is provided
to squid with the hostname webmail.company.com however the IP address that
is shown is the world address rather than the address specified in the
/etc/hosts file.

ie
/etc/hosts entry: 10.14.12.122 webmail.company.com
Browser Request: https://webmail.company.com
Log Shows: 10.14.12.123 TCP_MISS/503 0 CONNECT webmail.company.com:443 -
DIRECT/203.123.xxx.xxx -

So you are saying this should work and is probably a bug?