[squid-users] Problem with use of "ident" ACL

From: Abdul-Azeez <azeez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:07:41 +0100

Hi all,
I use squid version 2.5 STABLE1.
Please, I need clarification on how and when exactly to use "ident" acls.
The FAQs & Archives helped a little but still need help. My scenario is
this:
- I want some priviledged users to have access at all times while ordinary
users will not.
- I don't want to use another proxy_auth password file, because I cannot
specify 2 password files to my chpasswd (to enable my users change their
default passwords).
my present config. is :
.
#all users must login
acl staff-login proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access deny !staff-login
#deny_info ERR_HOW_TO_CHANGE_PASSWORD staff-login
.
#priviledged users allowed to login at all times
acl priviledged-users ident "/usr/local/squid/config-dir/priviledged-users"
# contains list of priviledged users
http_access allow priviledged-users
.
#Allow all other users during ofiice hours
acl working-hours time MTWHF 08:00-17:00
http_access deny working-hours
deny_info ERR_NO_ACCESS_DURING_OFFICE_HOURS working-hours
http_access allow staff-login
.

This doesn't seem to work well. Priviledged users are treated like odinary
users.
Is this okay or is there an altenative/better ACL lines?

Thanks
abdul