Re: [squid-users] AIM problem with Authentication

From: <bh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:32:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> bh@tronstar.com wrote:
>
> > > The correct question is: How do you get a version of the AIM client
> > > which supports HTTP proxy authentication.
> >
> > The AIM client does support HTTP proxy and I have had it work with

Yes, with authentication. The difference there is that the authentication
was against LDAP instead of NT.

Here is the problem I am trying to solve and maybe there is a better
solution then using the existing squid proxy and if so I'm open to it
(SOCKS is the only thing I am not going to do ). We are being forced to
allow AIM access for our users. Instead of just opening the AIM port on
the firewall, I would prefer to send it through a proxy server of some
type. Since we already had Squid, that seemed the best way to do it
except I have his this authentication issue. If I have to open it
straight thought the firewall I will I just wanted to check here first and
see if there was anything I could do on Squid to make the authenitcation
work (or if there is a better way to set this up then going through squid,
I'm open except for SOCKS)

Brian