Re: [squid-users] X-Forwarded Help

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Feb 2003 08:17:59 +1100

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 00:24, Jason M. Kusar wrote:
> This looks like what I'm looking for but it's for Squid3. Has anyone here
> done any serious testing with squid 3? How well does it work right now? Is
> it stable? Memory leaks? etc? Are there any major changes that I would need
> to be aware of if I was going to use it?

We're on the verge of starting a release cycle for squid3. Probably
Monday :}. Thats when we feature freeze it and only fix bugs.

I'm not aware of *serious* testing yet, but I use it all the time :}.
For me - it works well. No known memory leaks.

Squid-3 has a number of extensive core changes, that should improve
maximum throughput, a number of additional features (we haven't collated
the release notes yet - so please check the CVS log if you want details
:[), and is compiled using C++, not C.

I don't recall any incompatible squid.conf changes from 2.5 to 3.0, so
you should be able to switch between them easily.

Cheers,
Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.